27th March 2020
All appointments arranged for April 2020 have now been cancelled and if you had an appointment during this time, we will be contacting you to reschedule once we return to normal operations.
The practice will be operating an emergency service during this time for anyone requiring urgent assistance.
Please contact the practice on 020 7631 3276 and a member of the team will be able to help. If you contact us during out of hours, please leave a voicemail detailing your full name, best contact number with a description of your symptoms, and we will get back to you promptly. Voicemails left with this number are monitored closely 7 days a week.
For anyone undergoing Invisalign treatment, please follow the below instructions.
- If you are currently undergoing Invisalign treatment, please wear each aligner for 3 weeks
- If you have come to the end of your aligners and have finished wearing them for 3 weeks, then please wear the last aligner you have every evening
- It’s really important that you continue wearing an aligner even if you have completed your course of aligners, simply to stop your teeth from moving back
- Ensure to maintain a low sugar diet and excellent oral hygiene
- Keep all of your aligners, new and old, to bring with you next time you are able to see us
- Please call or email us if you have any questions or concerns
20th March 2020
Due to the outbreak of Covid-19, and for the safety of our patients and staff members, we regret to inform you that we have made the decision to operate a reduced service for emergency appointments only.
Routine and hygiene appointments, at this time, will not be available.
We will be reviewing this decision on a weekly basis.
If you require urgent assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us as normal on 020 7631 3276 and a member of our team will be on site to help you.
We apologise for the disruption caused and thank you for your cooperation.
At present, appointments for the week commencing 23rd March have been cancelled.
Appointments beyond this date will be reviewed on a weekly basis and we will inform you by email and phone if your appointment has been cancelled. Please review this web page for regular updates.
During this difficult time, we would like to wish you and your family good health.
Thank you for being a loyal part of the 76 Harley Street community.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
16th March 2020
In light of the Coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak, we want to ensure you that we are taking appropriate and additional measures to help combat the spread of the virus.
Your safety and the safety of our staff members is our primary concern.
As your dental health care provider, we continue to adhere to strict cross infection control policies and have adopted extra precautions at this time.
We continue to operate a normal service, but we do kindly ask for you to work with us during this difficult time by following the simple advice below which is based on guidance from Public Health England (PHE).
- If you have recently developed a new continuous cough and/or temperature above 37.8°c, you are advised to postpone your appointments for 14 days until your symptoms clear. If your symptoms get worse, please contact the NHS 111 helpline.
- On arrival to the practice, please wash your hands in the washroom with running water and soap for a minimum of 20 seconds. Alternatively, please use the hand sanitisers available at reception.
- We will carry out a temperature check from you to determine whether your appointment can be carried out upon arrival of your visit.
- While sitting in our waiting room, where possible, please keep the 1-2 meters social distancing between yourself/children and other patients.
- Hand shaking for now is not recommended.
- If you are here for an emergency appointment and have cold symptoms, you must cover your nose and mouth with a tissue (and not your hands) when you cough, sneeze or blow your nose. Discard the tissue in the bin and wash your hands or use a hand sanitiser immediately.
If you are unsure whether you should attend your appointment, please contact us on 020 7631 3276 or email email@example.com and we will decide whether it’s the right time for you to see us. If we do need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, there will of course be no cancellation charge incurred for short notice cancellations.
We are closely monitoring government guidelines and stand ready to make any necessary changes to protect you and our team. We encourage everyone to take the necessary preventative measures to stay safe and we will remain hopeful that we can move past these testing times.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help.
Keep smiling and best wishes,
The 76 Harley Street Team