At 76 Harley Street, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of business) explains when and why we obtain personal information, either from our website, over telephone or in practice. It details how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact the appointed Data Protection Officer, Emma Russell by email at email@example.com or by writing to 76 Harley Street, London, W1G 7HH. Alternatively, you can contact us by telephone on 020 7631 4476.
What information do we collect
We may collect the following kinds of information from you:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, email address, occupation
- Information about your dental and general health, including clinical records made by dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment
- Radiographs and clinical photographs of your mouth and teeth
- Medical and dental histories
- Treatment plans and consent
- Notes of conversations with you about your care
- Correspondence from other health professionals or third parties involved in your care
- Details of the fees we have charged and the amounts you have paid
- Feedback and complaints
- Cookies: Our website, including for example Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time
- zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns – including the full URL clickstream to, through and
- from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse- overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
- How we obtain information
- You may give us information about you through the following:
- Filling in forms at our practice or online via our website.
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or SMS.
- The purpose of which we use your information
- The categories of data we process are:
- Personal data for the purposes of staff and self-employed team member management
Personal data for the purposes of direct mail/email/text/other marketing e.g. patient treatment reminders, service improvements and account management
Special category data including health records for the purposes of the delivery of health care
Special category data including health records and details of criminal record checks for managing employees and contracted team members
We may use your contact details to inform you of products and services available at our practices.
Who is your information shared to?
Your information is only used by those working at the practice but there may be instances where we need to share it to third party service providers working on our behalf and associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks.
- Dental laboratories
- Dental practices (if you have been referred by the practice originally)
- Debt collection companies
- How we keep your information safe
- At 76 Harley Street, protection and security of your data is paramount. We employ administrative, electronic and physical security measures to ensure that the information that we collect about you is protected from access by unauthorised persons and protected against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- This includes:
- Password protection
- Locked cabinets/rooms
- Practice security systems
- Virus protection
- Secure servers
- Back-up facilities
- Secure cloud-based storage
- How long will we keep your information?
- We keep your dental records for 10 years after the date of your last visit. Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
- Your rights
- You have the following personal data rights:
- The right to be informed – Keeping you connected with appointment and treatment reminders, and any new changes to the practice that could effect you
- The right of access – You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You can make a request by contacting the practice or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to rectification – You have a right to correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact the practice to request a change in information.
The right to erasure – You have a right to request that we delete your personal information, although you should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information (for example, information about your dental treatment). Please contact the practice to make this request.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information for example, sending you reminders for appointments or information about our service. Please contact the practice to make this request.
The right to data portability – You have a right to data portability, this could include supplying your information to another dentist. Please contact the practice to make this request.
Comments, suggestions & concerns
If you have any concerns or reservations about how 76 Harley Street uses and processes your information and you do not feel able to discuss it with your dentist or anyone at the practice, you can contact our Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com. We always welcome your comments and suggestions towards our data processing.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113.